All Blog posts >>

Travelling Overseas

You generally cease being a tax resident when you have left the country for more than 325 days and no longer have a permanent place of abode. If you remain a NZ tax resident whilst working overseas, make sure you keep your payslips or summary of earnings as the overseas income, as well as the tax already paid on it, will need to be included in your NZ return. Tip: To find out whether you will remain as a tax resident complete an IR886 form.

Recent Tax Refunds

Melissa from Auckland got a tax refund of $133.04 5 minutes ago
Stacey from Napier got a tax refund of $17.1 13 minutes ago
Moira from Northland got a tax refund of $81.63 17 minutes ago
Tahlia from Kaiapoi got a tax refund of $75.57 28 minutes ago
Contact Us
(04) 499 1101
  • Address: Level 2 | 86 Victoria Street | Wellington 6011 | New Zealand
  • Postal: PO Box 24 217 | Manners Street | Wellington 6142 | New Zealand
Verify Kiwi Personal Tax is 100% Kiwi protected     ©  Kiwi Financial Services

Kiwi Personal Tax is a New Zealand tax agent.

Privacy Statement | Social Charter